How to clear your Apple Maps history on iPhone
There are many reasons for deleting our search history in Maps: keep that party you are preparing a secret, do not reveal how much you like going to that cafeteria, or keep only for yourself that place that only you know. Whatever the circumstance, getting rid of your search history in Maps is very easy.
Delete recent searches and destinations in Maps
The method is very simple, but for a change, Apple has not provided an obvious button to delete our history. If you want to get rid of it, you just have to follow these steps:
- Open Maps.
- Swipe on the interface from bottom to top to discover your latest searches and movements.
- Choose the address you want to delete and slide over it from right to left.
- Click on Delete.
When we delete a search from the Maps history it disappears forever, so if it is convenient for you to keep it safe but not as obvious as having it in the history of recent places, you should export it to Notes, where you can keep it even in a protected note.
For this, following the steps that we have previously mentioned, continue like this from the 3rd point.
- After sliding on the address you want to save, you will see how the Delete and Share options are displayed. We will click on Share.
- In the sharing menu that will be displayed, we will choose the Notes option.
- The Notes app will ask us if we want to save the address in a new note or in an existing one, we choose what suits us. Then we can also insert text along with the address if we need it.
- Once we have finished, click on Save, in the upper right corner. The address will have been copied into a note in the Notes app.
If it is not an address that you want to keep secret until now you would have the address saved without being patent in the Maps history. To access it again, you simply have to go to the Notes app, click on the note in question and again click on the map with the address that will appear on it. If you want it to remain private, once you have finished using it make sure to delete it from the history again so that no apparent trace remains.
However, if once we have moved the address to a note we want to give it extra security we can protect it with code and our biometric fingerprint, either with FaceID or TouchID. For this we must first activate the note lock, which is done like this:
- Open Settings and click on Notes.
- Scroll down and click again where it says Password.
- Create a new password if you have not done it previously for the notes you block. You will be asked for the new password, verify it by typing it a second time and finally a hint of your password in case you forget it.
- Once the password is configured, slide the toggle that indicates Touch / FaceID to be able to quickly unlock the note. If you do not activate it, to access the note you will have to enter the password you have chosen.